"Find" Wildcard for Symbol Arrows?

Roger Fienhold Sheen infotexture at gmail.com
Fri May 12 10:45:49 PDT 2006

Framers,

I've inherited a series of documents that use the "arrowright" character in
the Symbol font to represent menu command sequences (such as File > Save).
These are usually accompanied by a leading and trailing space.

I'd like to replace these with a variable to include a non-breaking leading
space and to facilitate future updates--but cannot seem to figure out which
wildcard sequence would catch these characters.

So far, I've tried the following:
- pasting the character sequence into the "Find" dialog
  (appears in the "Find" dialog as an AE ligature, but isn't found)

With "Use Wildcards" enabled:
- searched for hex code " \xae "
- searched for wildcard " [^a] " (any character except "a")
  This catches all variables and single digits, but no symbol characters.

So far, no luck. Any ideas?

Roger