"Find" Wildcard for Symbol Arrows?

Lester C. Smalley lsmalley at infocon.com
Fri May 12 10:58:13 PDT 2006

What happens if you copy one of these to the clipboard, and then use the
search option to find "Text and Character Formats on the clipboard"?

On Friday, May 12, 2006 01:46 PM, Roger Fienhold Sheen wrote:

| I've inherited a series of documents that use the "arrowright"
| character in the Symbol font to represent menu command sequences
| (such as File > Save). These are usually accompanied by a leading
| and trailing space.
|
| I'd like to replace these with a variable to include a
| non-breaking leading space and to facilitate future updates--but
| cannot seem to figure out which wildcard sequence would catch
| these characters.
|
| So far, I've tried the following:
| - pasting the character sequence into the "Find" dialog
|   (appears in the "Find" dialog as an AE ligature, but isn't found)
|
| With "Use Wildcards" enabled:
| - searched for hex code " \xae "
| - searched for wildcard " [^a] " (any character except "a")
|   This catches all variables and single digits, but no symbol
|   characters.
|
| So far, no luck. Any ideas?
|
| Roger

- Lester
Lester C. Smalley              Email: lsmalley AT infocon DOT com
Information Consultants, Inc.  Phone: 302-239-2942 FAX: 302-239-1712
Yorklyn, DE  19736               Web: www.infocon.com