Release Date for FrameMaker 8?

Gust, Dieter DGust at itl.de
Tue May 16 00:47:43 PDT 2006

Seen from multi-language publishing point of view the recent update
FM 7.2p158 is the most important one for the last years
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3332
If a company wants to stick to FrameMaker for the next years and produces documentation for the European countries I strongly recommend to update as soon as possible.
Multiple Undo, numerous bug fixes and the XML related improvements are really a good basis for the future of Desktop Publishing with or without XML and be worth the upgrade costs.

There really is no alternative to FrameMaker as for example the improvements of Word 2007 are for greeting card designers and not for the creation of technical documentation.
If you agree to this perception you may keep cool in looking for the next Adobe FrameMaker updates. The most important point is: FrameMaker is living and Adobe now shows that the want to keep FrameMaker alive.
If you take a look at all the great plug-ins and FrameScript Scripts for FrameMaker (best links: http://www.leximation.com/toolsearch/ and http://www.itl.de/html/englisch/consulting/fsl/default.html
then you will see: There really is no need to call into question the future of FrameMaker.

Regards
Dieter Gust
Management R&D
itl - Institut für technische Literatur AG

Tel.: +49 (089) 89 26 23 - 600
mailto:dgust at itl.de http://www.itl.de
itl ideas * actions * solutions