XSLT and DocType declaration

Alan Houser arh at groupwellesley.com
Wed May 17 06:24:01 PDT 2006

Wim,

The XSLT processor reads the DTD and creates an internal representation
of the document tree, including entity references. You should be able to
access these entities via the XSLT unparsed-entity-uri() function. For
example, the following fragment should populate an XSLT variable with
the pathname to the original graphic --

<xsl:variable name="target"
select="unparsed-entity-uri(ImportedGraphic1)" />

I haven't tested this, but you may need to convert these entity
references to attribute values  (e.g. <graphic href="{$target}" /> ) in
your import XSLT transform.

It is Very Annoying that XSLT/XPath does not provide a handle to the
original DocType declaration, but this is an XSLT issue, not a
FrameMaker issue.

-Alan

--
Alan Houser, President