Career advice--which application to focus on: FM or Word?

Ron Miller ronsmiller at comcast.net
Wed May 17 13:15:07 PDT 2006

I agree with John, tools are always changing, but that said, if you have
a choice, Frame is just so much more solid than Word. I've been working
on two projects recently. In one I'm in Word and I'm having the hardest
time just sticking to a template. If I experiment with style changes,
Word creates a new style like Body + blue font + 6 pt line spacing. It
handles numbered lists very poorly and it is quirky and seems to lack
any coherent use model. Frame on the other, while not perfect (what
software is) and certainly less intuitive at least does what you want it
to do and doesn't try to do so many things you wish it wouldn't.

Ron