Hyperlinks in Acrobat not present?

Martha J Davidson editrix at nemasys.com
Wed May 17 16:20:23 PDT 2006

At 04:14 PM 5/17/2006, Syed.Hosain at aeris.net wrote:
>I have not isolated this to the text insets, although that was my initial
>reaction to the problem.

That's exactly it. Cross-references in text insets don't become
clickable links in PDF. Unfortunately, that's how it's built.

>Is there any way to force the PDF to contain the links for all such cross-
>references? I would *strongly* prefer not to edit the PDF to add them in
>manually into the PDF - this file is re-generated from FrameMaker too often
>in this document!

The only way is to convert the insets to text before generating
the PDF. I had Rick Quatro write a custom FrameScript for me
that does this and generates the PDF, then restores the insets.
That was the only solution I could come up with that didn't
involve lots of manual work each time I needed PDFs.

martha
--
Martha Jane {Kolman | Davidson}
Dances With Words
editrix at nemasys.com

"Too many words bring about exhaustion."
      --Tao Te Ching, Chapter 5 (translated by Sheets/Tovey)