problem with PDF batch processing (cudspan batch + watched folder)

Jakob Fix jakob.fix at gmail.com
Thu May 18 01:22:07 PDT 2006

Jeremy,

thanks for your answer.  See comments further down.

Jeremy H. Griffith wrote:
> I wrote:

[...]
> >What could the problem be, and how can I solve this?
>
> There seems to be an intermittent problem in Frame itself.
> When we added the ability to make PDF to our runfm.exe tool,
> we ran into this.  We wound up having to set the property
> explicitly from the FDK immediately before printing to the
> PDF printer.  After that, the trouble went away.

Good to know I'm not the only one :-)  In the meantime I did the
following which seems to work in order to work around the problem: I
printed each of the files in question manually to postscript.  After
this, the trouble went away.

> You can use runfm to do this job, and you don't even need
> to buy Mif2Go to do it.  You do need to download and
> install our demo version (at least the plugin parts):
>   http://www.omsys.com/dcl/download.htm

The runfm batch tool does look really interesting for what I need to
do.  In particular it would allow me to integrate it into our
ant-based work flow.  I'll have a look into it for the next project
I'll be working on.

--
cheers,
Jakob.