Find not finding

Beck, Charles Charles.Beck at infor.com
Fri May 19 06:51:23 PDT 2006

Hi again all,

Just wanted to let you all know that I received several replies,
including one with the correct remedy. Thought it might be of general
interest to the rest of the group.

The tip of the hat goes to Alan Houser who asked whether there was any
imported MS Word content in the file. Apparently, Word content can
include hidden control characters that can interfere with the Find
function. That was the case with our problem. Saving as MIF and then
reopening and saving as *.fm resolved the problem.

Others suggested that the problem might lie with multiple text flows,
but that was not our problem, as we do not have multiple text flows. I
*had* thought of that already, but hadn't checked it out until a couple
people suggested it. It was not our problem, but I understand how it
could cause this type of problem.

Somebody else suggested that it might be because the string was in a
text inset or variable, in which case Frame won't find it either. But
that was also not the case here.

Thanks to all who responded. My colleague was *most* impressed with the
speed and quality of the replies.

You're a great group!

Chuck

Chuck Beck | Sr. Information Developer | Infor | office: 614-523-7302 |
Charles.Beck at infor.com