OT: autonumbering in Word

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Fri May 19 15:27:11 PDT 2006

>From: "Jeremy H. Griffith" <jeremy at omsys.com>

<snip>

>The drawback WRT maintenance in Word is that you have to
>copy the SEQ fields from another para of the same type, or
>painfully recreate them by hand, for new paras; you can't
>include SEQ fields (or bullets) in the para format as such.

Back in the days when our group still used Word for any serious
work, our solution was to insert the standard types of numbered
paragraphs (5 levels of headings, captions, table titles) complete
with the required field codes via macros. For procedure steps
you used macros to apply the numbering after you wrote the
steps and substeps.