Auto-creating tables

Doug dbailey4117 at gmail.com
Sat May 20 05:34:36 PDT 2006

Belinda showed me the light.  I had been attempting to put a table
inside a text frame on a reference page....this failed to work.  She
told me to take the extra step of putting said text frame inside a
graphic frame.  THIS works....the paragraph style references the
graphic frame via the relevant field on the Advanced tab.  The only
catch is that you can't edit the table or add rows to it.  However,
this isn't a problem for me since I add rows using tables in text
insets.  I can't (directly) edit those either but this too is not a
problem...I've no need to edit the tables at this point.

The table on the reference page contains only a heading row...using
this with tables in text insets lets me build a large table with no
seams or gaps.  (For various reasons we need the table rows in
separate FM documents.)

Thanks, Belinda!

--Doug