OT: autonumbering in Word

Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com
Mon May 22 06:53:58 PDT 2006

This has saved me much hell in auto-numbering and bullets in Word -
http://www.tech-tav.com/macro.htm. They are free macros from tech-tav
(authorIT producers) that automate autonumbering, bullets, etc. in Word.
They work like a charm and they are based on Framemaker principles. All my
developers here use Word and I have had all of them load these macros and
we have been trouble-free in autonumbering, etc. for months now - no more
frantic phone calls to come fix numbering when someone's document craps
out or when, a simple edit or copy from one developer's document hoses
another's! Once loaded, maintenance/interaction is darn near non-existent
and for situations when you have no choice but to use Word, it has made
life soooooooo much easier. I highly recommend them!

TVB

Tammy Van Boening
Senior Technical Writer
Jeppesen Sanderson, Inc.