Problem importing graphics created in Paint Shop Pro..

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Mon May 22 12:20:39 PDT 2006

Hi Andy,

If you're going to print, .jpg is one of the poorer graphics formats
if you're going to print...
So you may want to try a different format or two just from that aspect.

Depending on your version of Frame (you don't specify), FM can import
a .pdf directly;
a .pdf it is a graphic file based on a PostScript description. To get
there from PSP,
assuming you have some version of Acrobat Distiller on your system, you have a
printer instance names something like "Adobe PDF" So from within PSP, you'd
select File > Print and specify the name of the Adobe printer
instance. Then in FM,
just do a File > Import (by reference) at the point you want it inserted.

If your version can't import .PDF, I'd try .PNG or a similar format
(depending on what
the graphic is, of course).

Cheers,
Art

On 5/22/06, Andy Kelsall <andy.kelsall at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Art,
>
>              I'm working with .JPG files. I'm not sure I follow you on
> printing to a PDF file. If
> I print the graphic to a .PDF, how do I import that image into FM if it's a
> PDF file? Don't I
> need a graphic file (such as JPG or PNG) to import into FM? Can you provide
> some details?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andy
>

> On 5/22/06, Art Campbell <art.campbell at gmail.com> wrote:
> > What graphic formats are you using?
> > And have you tried printing from PSP to a .PDF file and importing that?
> > Art
> >

> > On 5/22/06, Andy Kelsall <andy.kelsall at gmail.com > wrote:
> > > Hello everyone,
> > >
> > >         I'm editing graphics in PSP and importing them into a table in
> FM.
> > > The problem is that all of the
> > > graphics have a green hue or "glow" to them--like they're radioactive
> :).
> > > These same graphics look fine inside
> > > PSP and when viewed as thumbnails in Windows Explorer.
> > <snip>
> >
> > --

                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358