OT: IXGen for Wurd?

Lucie Haskins LucieH at att.net
Thu May 25 08:39:25 PDT 2006

Hi Yves,
Check out DEXter. I use it all the time for clients who need me to index
in Word.

DEXter is a plug-in for Word that allows you to either:
1) work directly in Word to create your index entries via a table very
similar to IXgen's Editable Marker List --or--
2) work in professional indexing software and then import the resulting
file (containing the index entries) directly into Word. DEXter will
create the embedded XE markers during the import process. This saves you
from having to index in Word itself.

Here's the URL for DEXter: http://www.editorium.com/dexter.htm. You also
might be interested in reading my article on utilities for embedded
indexing in Word: http://www.luciehaskins.com/resources.shtml. (This
points to my Resources page where I have a variety of useful links. The
DEXter article is under the fourth heading down "Articles about
Utilities for Embedding in Word" and is titled "Digging in For the Long
Haul." It's in PDF format.)

Regards,
Lucie Haskins