preventing specific words from being hyphenated

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Fri May 26 12:31:18 PDT 2006

Look in the FrameMaker Help index under hyphenation > suppressing.
The first linked topic directly refers to preventing hyphenation of
company names. The second linked topic describes how you can
suppress hyphenation of specific instances of words by typing the
key sequence Esc, n, s.

Another approach that might work is to tag the word with a character
tag that specifies Language: None.  The most common use for this
is to suppress spell-checking of things like URLs or code snippets, but
I believe it also suppresses hyphenation.

My opinions only; I don;t speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder
Intel
Parsippany, NJ