Which should we purchase, PhotoShop or Illustrator

Michael O'Neill moneill at meta-comm.com
Fri May 26 14:10:39 PDT 2006

Based on what you wrote, and assuming that the graphics you have to edit are
not Vectors, I would say Photoshop is the tool for you.  You are describing
editing pixels, and Photoshop would likely be more appropriate than
Illustrator for these tasks.

If budget is a concern, you can also try:

 PaintShopPro
  $79 US
  http://www.corel.com/PaintShopPro
  Free evaluation version available