Query in Framemaker

Harro de Jong hdjong at triview.nl
Mon May 29 07:59:22 PDT 2006

venkatesh  subramanian wrote :

> I would like to have a detailed explanation on how to create
> a Special Bullets in FrameMaker 7.0.
>
> I tried several times, but, not able to reach the success point in
> the output.

A special bullet? You mean, something that looks different from the
ordinary bullet as seen in FrameMaker's own templates?

In general, you create a bulleted paragraph style using the Numbering
tab of the Paragraph designer. The standard bullet character is shown as
\b, but you can substitute any character for it.
If you want to use a bullet character that is only present in a special
font like Wingdings, you need to create a Character tag that uses this
font, and then select this character tag in the Numbering tab of the
Paragraph designer.

You can find the procedures for doing this in the FrameMaker help file.
Look for the topics
"Formatting text as bulleted lists", and "Using a designer to change
font properties".

Harro de Jong