Best practice or method of lining up decimal points in numbered paragraphs...

Andy Kelsall andy.kelsall at gmail.com
Tue May 30 19:30:22 PDT 2006

Hello,

        I'm writing a step procedure that involves over 10 steps. I have set
up one paragraph tag named
StepFirst, and another paragraph tag (for all subsequent steps) named
StepNext. The problem is, the
decimal points won't line up between the single-digit steps and the
double-digit steps.

        One solution I used was to create a paragraph tag named StepNexta
(with a first indent of .5 and a
left indent of .72) for steps numbered 1-9, and another tag named StepNextb
(with a first indent of .4 and a
left indent of .7) for all numbered steps above 9. This allows all decimal
points to line up. Is this an acceptable
way of getting the decimal points to line up, or is there a better way to do
this?

Thanks,

Andy