Empty pages - how to delete?

David Schor Davids at emblaze-vcon.com
Wed May 31 05:31:46 PDT 2006

Suman,

1. FrameMaker is behaving exactly as it should. When you specify in your
book that all files begin on a Right (or odd) page, then logically, a
Left (or even) page must precede the Right page. You can't go from Odd
to Odd, so FrameMaker inserts the bridging page.

2. Book pagination settings override local document pagination settings.

However, for a screen PDF, the Left-Right pagination may be irrelevant.
So to prevent the automatic addition of blank pages, change the Book
Pagination settings to a Single page layout, start the files on "Next
Available Page" and for "Before Saving and Printing," define "Delete
Empty Pages." The result should be files (chapters) that start on odd or
even pages immediately following the end of the previous file.

HTH,
David

David Schor
Technical Communication Manager
Emblaze-VCON Ltd.
Tel: (+972) 9 7627820
Mobile: 054 4788253
davids at emblaze-vcon.com
www.emblaze-vcon.com

"To err is human; to admit it, superhuman."
                                       Doug Larson