Best practice or method of lining up decimal points in numbered paragraphs

Dosick, Daniel (GE Indust, Security) Dan.Dosick at ge.com
Wed May 31 10:47:34 PDT 2006

Andy,

Here's how I do it: Set up the Autonumber format for both tags with a tab, then the numbering "building block" and decimal point, then another tab, as in the following example:

  N:\t<n+>.\t

Make the first tab a right tab and the second a left tab. Don't indent the first line, but set the second line indent to match the second (left) tab. A little experimentation will show you the right sizes for the tabs and the indent.

Dan

	Message: 30