Best practice or method of lining up decimal points in numbered paragraphs...

Andy Kelsall andy.kelsall at gmail.com
Wed May 31 20:42:26 PDT 2006

Hello,

          A big thanks to everyone who responded. The solutions you provided
where
dead-on. Setting up a right-aligned tab stop to get the decimal points to
line up, then
setting up a left-aligned tab stop to set spacing between the decimal point
and the
text that followed was exactly what I was looking for. I reduced the number
of paragraph
tags I needed from three to one!

For anyone else that might be looking for a solution like this, here's what
I ended up with (in a nutshell):

 In Paragraph Designer, on the Basic Sheet:

*Tab Stops*:
-----------
.5 R   (this corresponds to the first tab on the Numbering sheet)
.6 L   (this corresponds to the second tab on the Numbering sheet)
*Under Indents:
First = 0
Left = .6  (this should match the Left tab stop setting so that all lines in
the
               paragraph line up with the first line of the paragraph)

On the Numbering Sheet:

S:\t<n+>.\t

Thanks,

Andy