Acrobat forms - Digital signatures

Gillian Flato gflato at nanometrics.com
Wed Nov 1 15:25:48 PST 2006

I know this is off-topic but maybe someone here has experience with
this.

In Acrobat Designer, I created a form and inserted a signature field. In
my PDF, I created a digital signature for myself and to other people.
When I send the PDF to them, who only have Acrobat Reader 7.0, they
can't sign the form. When they click on the field, nothing happens,
whereas in my version, it opens a dialog and lets me create a signature.

Even after they create a signature through Adobe Reader > Document >
Security Settings > Add ID, they are still unable to digitally sign the
form.

Can anyone help?

Thank you,

<mailto:gflato at nanometrics.com>

Gillian Flato

Technical Writer (Software)

nanometrics

1550 Buckeye Dr.

Milpitas, CA. 95035

(408.435.9600 x 316

7  408.232.5911

* gflato at nanometrics <mailto:gflato at nanometrics.com> .com
<blocked::mailto:v at nanometrics.com>

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not the intended recipient, delete this message. If you are not the intended recipient, disclosing, copying, distributing, or taking any action based on this message is strictly prohibited.