Frame on PC = upgrade the Graphics Card?

Mon Nov 6 10:01:29 PST 2006

James Dyson wrote:

> Yes, the graphics are on a server, but we haven't ever
> noticed any slow data rates in the past. We can't move the

So you're saying that, on the _same_ PCs with the _same_ graphics
subsystem and memory, the graphics used to load faster? Well, then your
question is answered -- neither upgrading the graphics nor increasing
your RAM will solve the problem.

If it used to be _better_, and now it's _worse_, you have to look for
what's _changed_ -- and from what you've said, it isn't your PC.

I strongly suspect your problem is in the network itself or on the
server. It could be just increased traffic or more demands being put on
that server. Or it could be a problem with a switch or something. If
your company has an IT dept., it's time to call on them for help.

Although, if you can get your boss to spring for another 512MB of RAM
first "just to see if it helps," go for it. ;-)

HTH!
Richard

------
Richard G. Combs