OT: Can't get AcroPro7 to distill or Save As PDFs from Frame

John Pitt john at pitt.net.au
Sat Nov 11 17:29:32 PST 2006

I've finally upgraded from Acro5 to 7 Pro. But while my new Dell XP Pro
laptop happily produces PDFs from Frame and other apps, I cannot get PDF
output from Frame using my win2k home PC.

Both boxes previously ran with Acro5 (which was upgraded from v3 to v4
then v5).

The win2k box, a 2-year-old P4 with loads of space, RAM, etc., was built
using the mirror of my previous PC (which was built from the mirror of
the one before that). So it has had a large amount of s/w loaded and
unloaded over the years.

When I use Save As PDF in Frame 6.0, 7.0 and 7.1, the screen flickers,
but there is no output. When I try to print to a ps file (using Adobe
PDF), I get the following message:

"Cannot write to specified print file"

Everything is local, I have loads of space, an empty Recycle Bin, and no
other problems.

Moreover, I can use both methods to produce PDFs in all the MS apps I
have tried so far.

Does anyone have any idea what's wrong?

jjj
--