FrameMaker Chautauqua 2006

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Mon Nov 13 13:25:55 PST 2006

Hello Framers,

I had the privilege of attending and presenting at the FrameMaker Chautauqua
in Austin, Texas last week. I would like to thank Kay Ethier and Bernard
Aschwanden for the great job they did hosting the conference. The facilities
and food were excellent and there were some very useful presentations. RJ
Jacquez from Adobe was there as a vendor and speaker, and he informally
"announced" that FrameMaker 8 is in development. FrameMaker's Product
Manager, Aseem Dokania, attended the conference as well. High on the list of
new features is Unicode support. RoboHelp 6 is in beta.

DITA and structured FrameMaker were at the forefront, but in talking to
people I found that there are still a lot of unstructured FrameMaker users
out there. Some want to make the switch to structured Frame, but others have
good quality, well-established workflows in unstructured Frame and don't
have plans to switch.

As always, it was good to meet new people, and to finally meet old email
friends in person. And I enjoyed hanging out with some other (unnamed) bald
guys.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267