Internet explorer glitch

Doug dbailey4117 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 11:42:26 PST 2006

After I upload a file update to my webserver, I like to test the
upload by downloading it using Internet Explorer.  However, the file I
download is always the original version, not the update.  FireFox
doesn't suffer this problem.  If I give the update a different name,
even if it's only one letter different, I'm able to download the
update.  But if the name is the same then the earlier version is what
gets downloaded.  This occurs even if I delete the earlier version
before I upload the update, so it makes me think that IE is sending me
a cached copy of the earlier version.  However, clearing my cache
doesn't help.

Any ideas?

-- Doug