Unexpected problem with straddling table cells

Fri Nov 17 10:59:55 PST 2006

Pat Christenson wrote:

> Hi Richard -
>
> The route you suggest is probably what we'll end up going
> with but we wanted to explore this other alternative because
> it's less work when upgrading existing docs to the new templates.

Unless I misunderstood, it's not more work -- in fact, it's the exact
same process. You wanted to straddle the 2nd and 3rd cells and end up
with a run-in CautionHead followed by CautionText. If you redefine
CautionText with the "Caution" autonumber, the same straddle step does
just what you need because straddling the cells removes the
no-longer-needed empty CautionHead pgf.

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs