landscape pages in a portrait book (DOH!)

Susan Curtzwiler smcurtzwiler at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 2 13:29:13 PST 2006

Usability: I tend to agree with your idea about staying with the portrait pages, just so that it will be easier for the user. Who wants to turn a book sideways?  But if you must... go for the landscape.

  On the other hand, here is what I did in Word last year for a similar problem.
  Made a section break, inserted a landscape page, made a new section break.
  It actually held together, the hassle was the header and footer.
  It sounds like the process Bill Swallow suggested is the equivalent and easier to handle than making separate files, etc.

  Good luck, and please let us know how it worked out.
  Susan Curtzwiler

Bill Swallow <techcommdood at gmail.com> wrote:
  Usability... no clue on that one. But all you need to do is create
additional master pages using a landscape layout and then apply the
master pages to the necessary body pages. You certainly don't need to
insert files or use separate templates to do this.

--
Bill Swallow
Senior Member STC, TechValley Chapter