Way Too Much Corruption

Pinkham, Jim Jim.Pinkham at voith.com
Tue Nov 21 05:43:33 PST 2006

Thanks to all for thoughtful comments. Here's what else I can add:

1. Yes, the name.backup.fm files were also corrupt.
2. I'm running Windows XP SP-2 and FM 7.1.
3. The problems all appear to be on a network folder -- and affect FM,
Acrobat, Word, and Publisher files.
4. I was able to work on the FM files yesterday afternoon on my local
Desktop without issues.
5. After posting we learned the IT guys had been doing network stuff
over the weekend -- and that one of the network drives was damaged and
irreparable.

We think the flawed drive is our culprit. IT is restoring our entire
working folder structure from tape. Here's hoping that does the trick.

Jim

P.S. -- And, yes, Richard, any corruption is too much :)