autonumbering with line break?

Lynne A. Price lprice at txstruct.com
Tue Nov 21 06:58:19 PST 2006

Egwin,
   An autonumber cannot contain a line break. Is your document structured?
If so, you can put a line break in a prefix.
         --Lynne

At 06:19 AM 11/8/2006, Egwin wrote:
>Hello Framers,
>
>I work with FrameMaker 7.0 on Windows XP platform.
>In my document i would like to autonumber like this:
>
>1.
>xxx xxx xxxx xx xxxx
>
>2.
>xxx xxx xxxx xx xxxx
>
>My autonumber format contains "<n+>.", but how can i generate the line
>break.
>I tried \n and \r but that did not work.
>
>Can someone help..?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Egwin
>or visit
>http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/lprice%40txstruct.com
>
>Send administrative questions to listadmin at frameusers.com. Visit
>http://www.frameusers.com/ for more resources and info.

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application development,
and training
lprice at txstruct.com            http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505      cell phone: (510) 421-2284