Acro 7 Pro dies without warning

John Pitt john at pitt.net.au
Fri Nov 24 19:39:22 PST 2006

Thx Dov,

I'm running the full bundled set of Norton Internet Security (I would
prefer the tools I use on my main PC, but NIS was "free" with the
laptop). No other anti-spyware, etc.

Over the last couple of days I've switched off everything that has even
a remote chance of interfering with Acro, but no joy at all.

The only common thread is that my local user login consistently gives me
about 60 seconds life of Acro; but my Administrator login, and the two I
use at my clients' sites give me only 10 seconds. I just created a new
user with full admin rights which also has a life of 10 seconds.

I'm starting to suspect that one of clients' sysadmins has set me up so
that the laptop is still trying to get its internal time from their server:

My Event Viewer System log records an error against W32Time every 14
minutes. The description reads:

"The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or
more time sources, however none of the sources are currently accessible.
No attempt to contact a source will be made for 14 minutes. NtpClient
has no source of accurate time.

"For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

I chased this through, but got nowhere (reached my level of incompetence :)

Dunno if any of this rings any bells anywhere, but it has me totally foxed.

jjj

--
John Pitt, technical writer
john at pitt.net.au