PDF Problem

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 11:28:08 PST 2006

Because this seems to be an Acrobat problem, not a FM problem, I think
a better source of info may be Adobe's User Forum for Acrobat.

If I was going to dive in and trouble shoot the problem though, I'd
confirm that the PC's video drivers were up to date and that all OS
updates were applied. Then confirm that no other Acrobat odds and ends
were installed, such as the FM distiller. Then, uninstall Acrobat,
reboot, and reinstall.

Art

On 11/28/06, Tammy Van Boening <tvanboening at insureworx.com> wrote:
> I am posting this on behalf of a colleague
> (pearsontechcomm at comcast.net). If you respond to the list, please cc her
> as
> well or you can respond to her directly. Thanks all!
>
> >Hi all,
> >For a while now, I've had the most annoying PDF problem. About half
> the
> >PDFs I try to open (these are all PDFs I did not create with my own
> >Adobe
> >software) display nothing, and I get the message "A drawing error
> >occurred." This is really becoming a problem now.
> >
> >I have Acrobat 7.0 Professional. Sometimes the PDFs will print
> >correctly, even though I can't see anything on the screen. I know
> >something is in the PDFs because I get a flash of text or a graphic
> >before they go blank (when they're opening). Or the first page will
> be
> >displayed, then, when I go to the second page, I'll get the error
> >message and a blank page and, when I go back to the first page,
> it's
> >now blank as well.
> >
> >Any ideas?! Thanks!

                             No disclaimers apply.