DTD parse errors

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 28 11:31:28 PST 2006

Struggling with a structured app here...

I have tried to pare everything down to the minimum. The element definition;

Element (Container): TableofContents
General rule:	ChapterNumber, <TEXT>
Valid as the highest-level element.
Automatic insertions
Automatically insert child:	ChapterNumber

in the EDD translates to:

<!ELEMENT TableofContents
                     (ChapterNumber, #PCDATA) >

in the DTD.

Having set up a structured app, when saving a valid file to XML (which does not in fact contain this element), the XML parser errors on the '#' character of '#PCDATA', saying 'Expected an element name'.

Lots of other errors follow, but the first is maybe the most significant.

What am I doing wrong? My reading of the struct app dev guide is that <TEXT> elements are converted to #PCDATA on export to XML.

--
Steve