Formula for Tech Writing Lead Time?

Merry Foxworth merryfoxworth at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 5 08:23:46 PDT 2006

Reminds me of a Dilbert cartoon several years ago
about measuring the productivity of tech writers.

Merry Foxworth

--- Courtney Collins <courtney_shay_collins at yahoo.com>
wrote:

>   Is anyone aware of a formula for how many
> words/pages a Tech Writer can produce in a given
> period of time? I am being asked to take on
> additional manuals and upper management wants some
> numbers to justify additional head count that will
> be needed. I can probably come up with an estimate
> based on what we produce today, but I was wondering
> if some kind of standard already exists.
>
>   Thank you
>   Courtney Collins
>   Tech Pubs Supervisor
>   Patient Monitoring Division
>   Datascope Corp.
>   201.995.8353
>   courtney_collins at datascope.com

´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

An excerpt from Robert Giddings "Musical Quotes and Anecdotes",
published in Longman Pocket Companions:
"There let the pealing organ blow,
To the full-voiced choir below,
In service high, and anthems clear,
As may with sweetness, through mine ear,
Dissolve me into ecstasies,
And bring all Heav'n before mine eyes".
John Milton - Il Penseroso (1632).