Formula for Tech Writing Lead Time?

Patterson, Jan Jan.Patterson at esph.com
Thu Oct 5 09:31:08 PDT 2006

How many pages can a technical writer produce in x amount of time? It
depends. If you've been with your current employer for a while and
you've already completed several projects (manuals), then you could
gather metrics from what you've already produced to create an average
hours-per-page formula.

jan.
jan e patterson
sr technical writer - environmental systems products - tucson, AZ