Master Pages - landscape and portrait pages

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Wed Oct 11 14:44:50 PDT 2006

Texan Scriber wrote:
> Fellow Framers,
> Does anyone know how to have landscape and portrait pages in the same Frame
> file. I tried to create a landscape master page in my frame file and the
> application complained that other page sizes have to be adjusted because
> the
> new page size is too small!
>
> Appreciate your help

Tex,

It sounds like you're trying to create a landscape paper size. You don't
need to do that. You need to create a new master page and rotate it
(Format > Customize Layout > Rotate), then add a text frame to it as
well as header/footer frames if you need those. Then apply that master
to your body page.

Caveats: If your rotated page's flow is the same as your body flow, then
future edits can screw up which content appears on the landscape page.
It is often best to create a separate file for the landscape material;
you can make it act like part of the previous and following chapter
files by setting all their numbering properties correctly.

Alternatively, if you stay in a single chapter file, you can put a
distinctive pgf tag on your landscape material and use the Apply Master
Pages feature to ensure that content is given the right master page.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"Developers explain How the Product Works.
Technical writers explain How to Work the Product."

Get Firefox!
http://tinyurl.com/8q9c5