Somewhat OT: Bookmarks in PDF Jumping to Wrong View

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Thu Oct 12 07:28:56 PDT 2006

Hi, Susan:

It's possible that your PDFs are set to open in either

* Default viewing mode, and the default view setting for your Reader or
Acrobat is set to Continuous, which allows scrolling across partial pages

* Continuous viewing mode

Setting the viewing mode for your PDFs to single page viewing mode, or
side-by-side page viewing mode, would probably stop the effect you're
seeing. I don't believe you can set this in FrameMaker, but with Acrobat
Professional 6 or later, you can use batch processing to create a
process to set the opening view properties for a whole directory-full of
PDFs. Check your Acrobat Help for Batch.

HTH
Regards,

Peter Gold
KnowHow ProServices