Disappearing text using Save As to PDF

Jessica.Nealon at handheld.com Jessica.Nealon at handheld.com
Fri Oct 13 05:46:58 PDT 2006

All,

Others may have experienced this, but I cannot find it.

I am using:

-Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0.7
-FrameMaker 7.2

When I use Save As to PDF my books, whole chunks of text disappear in the
PDF file. It appears to be totally random. For instance, one table will
have several blank rows blank followed by competed rows. I can't ascertain
a pattern (e.g., a bad paragraph or character tag). This occurs even when
I use the High Quality and Press Quality job options in Acrobat 7.

All the text does show up when I print to Scitex Brisque and Distill
manually, even when I use the Smallest File Size job option.

Save As to PDF worked beautifully when I was using Frame 7.1 and Acrobat
6. I can't figure out if the problem is Frame or Acrobat.

Has anyone seen this behavior? Or, better yet, figured out a solution?

Much appreciated,

Jessica Nealon
Technical Writer