Understanding the difference between the Adobe Distiller embedded in FrameMaker and Adobe Acrobat

Karyn Hunt Karyn.Hunt at scalix.com
Fri Oct 13 10:29:03 PDT 2006

Hi All,

   This might be kind of a dumb question, but I've never understood the difference between the Adobe Acrobat capabilities we get bundled with FrameMaker and the full Adobe Acrobat "writer" package.

   I'm finding that I need more capability than what I have in FrameMaker, such as converting HTML pages to PDF while maintaining the internal links. While the Acrobat that comes with Frame will convert the HTML pages, I lose all of my internal navigation.

   So is that capability only in Acrobat Professional, which is gonna cost us $500? Or is there some other, less expensive way to accomplish this? Is there a mid-way package that will cost us less? Am I missing something obvious in Frame that will solve this problem for me?

Karyn