structured import and pgftag fonts

Noah Evans noah.evans at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 21:24:30 PDT 2006

 Hey Rick, framers,

Rick, thanks for your tip, however in this case it didn't work. Here's why:

After looking through the mif and experimenting with different
formatting in the edd, I've found the problem, but I have no idea why
it's ending up like this.

Frame seems to be inserting font data on the strings themselves
--overriding the combined fonts defined by the elements. Does anyone
have any idea of how I could stop frame from doing this? I can
manually set the font with a text rule, but frame still nests the
combined fonts too deeply in the mif, so frame's fonts override them.

 I could write an fdk client to eliminate the font information
manually, but I'm hoping that someone who knows more than me could
offer me some ideas as to what's going on and why frame's putting in
that font data.

Thanks for everybody's help and input,

Noah