Disappearing text using Save As to PDF

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 06:51:56 PDT 2006

Right,

like Schlomo said "check the PS driver resolution". I followed Dov Isaacs'
recommendations here for the Adobe PDF printer driver instance:

"Properties => Advanced (tab) => Printing Defaults ... (button) => Layout
(tab) => Advanced (button)

    Open trees and make sure that the following are set
    (other options leave at original default settings):

        Graphic => Print Quality => 600dpi

        Why? Gets around known Windows 2000/XP GDI bug associated
        with large point size & high resolution text being converted
        to outlines. Also gets around FrameMaker bug associated with
        higher resolution settings in combination with large page sizes
        (similar bug in other applications as well). Using this setting
        does not restrict the resolution at which the PDF file can
        print and has no known bad effects."

Good luck and best regards

--
Yves Barbion