general publication quiestion

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 04:33:32 PDT 2006

No, not really, except in certain circles.

The main thing is regarding printed/photocopied material, that if you
see a blank (totally blank) page, that you do not suspect the
printing/photocopying mechanism of skipping a page, which was rather
usual some years ago, when printers and photocopying machines
accidentally fed 2 sheets of paper at the same time. When printing
both sides this could result in an accidentally blank page.

In manuals where you have to count for every page (on a List of
Effective Pages, Log of Pages or whatever one chooses to call it), it
was too costly to reprint several pages just because you had to delete
one from within a section. Instead they left the page "blank" with the
words "Intentionally Blank" or similar.

Even with such strict rules, you see today totally blank pages like in
the example you are stating, and then the list refers to them as just
"Blank" with no page numbering reference.

Good luck with the conversion.

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson
Air Atlanta Icelandic.