ToolbarPlus Express

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Tue Oct 17 06:03:43 PDT 2006

Joe,

You wrote:

>Interesting question regarding Shlomo's excellent ToolbarPlus Express
>tool. The tool originally had a "bug" where the Paragraph Tag dropdown
>box was nearly invisible. I know there's a fix for this, but I can't
>remember what it is. Can anyone help?

Thanks for the compliment -- I'm glad you like ToolbarPlus Express.

The resizing of the Paragraph tag drop-down in the formatting bar,
minimizing that item to the width of a clickable arrow, was a workaround to
a bug introduced in FrameMaker 7.0, and carried over to 7.1 and the initial
release of FM7.2 (but fixed with the latest 7.2 patch), whereby the
paragraph tag displayed was often incorrect. Since the paragraph tag was
displayed correctly in the status area, the idea was that it's better not
to see a "sometimes-incorrect" tag in the drop-down, than to see
conflicting tags.

This resizing was implemented as part of the previous version of the FM
Customization (3.x).
(Different versions of FM Customization were available as a free download
for about 10 years, starting with FM4).

In ToolbarPlus Express (version 4), the Paragraph tag is not resized.
Instead, some actions were moved from it to the Paragraph Actions button
(which activates a drop-down menu with common paragraph actions) -- see
http://www.microtype.com/ToolbarPlus.html

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com
Training, consulting & add-ons: FrameMaker, Structured FM and Acrobat