Continuous Numbering in framemaker

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Tue Oct 17 09:27:35 PDT 2006

Tammy Van Boening wrote:
> Ok - a quick follow-up to this. For the "empty" paragraph tag, you need
> some kind of source text for the paragraph to select for the x-ref, so
> what I did was set up an auto-number format with the phrase
> "TotalPageCount" and set the color to white so it doesn't show and I
> have a cross-ref. format called TotalPageCount set to pick up only the
> page number of the paragraph. I set this up on the master page footers
> and it works like a charm. Thanks Fred.

You can also use autonumber text consisting of only a thin space (or
other fixed space), by typing backslash-s-t. When you create the x-ref,
you can then see and select "\st" in the pgf list. This avoids the risk
of having your TotalPageCount autotext show up inadvertently, either in
print or when selected or in search results.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"Developers explain How the Product Works.
Technical writers explain How to Work the Product."

Get Firefox!
http://tinyurl.com/8q9c5