font "obsession" (was structured import and pgftag fonts)

Lynne A. Price lprice at txstruct.com
Wed Oct 18 11:04:06 PDT 2006

At 10:19 AM 10/18/2006, Steve Cavanaugh wrote:
>Well I appreciate that.  It seems there are half a dozen places you can
>go to tell Frame what you want relative to font usage.  It's never
>really clear to me which one of those is in control.  I did manage to
>finally get Frame to stop pestering me about having to substitute for
>Times here, but when I took my book home to work on, Frame started
>throwing errors for fonts I've never included, intended, touched, or
>otherwise had on my system.  I must have wasted a couple of hours there
>trying to make Frame behave and stop throwing error messages at me, but
>I never did find the source of its displeasure with my setup there.
>I'll have a look at that custom file on that machine - it could be what
>is instigating the angst.

Steve,
   Sounds like your book has references to fonts that you have at work but
not at home. Those fonts could appear on master or reference pages, or in
table formats that you are not using. They could also be used in graphics.
Looking through a MIF version of the file is a good way to find them.
      --Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application development,
and training
lprice at txstruct.com            http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505      cell phone: (510) 421-2284