Continuous Numbering in framemaker

Wed Oct 18 09:19:56 PDT 2006

I wrote:

> It does require continuous page
> numbering (unlike the FM help's method), but if you're using
> the <$pagenum> building block for the xref, I assume that
> isn't an issue.

I'll save someone else the trouble and point out the stupidity of that
myself. Clearly, you're using continuous page numbering -- and the FM
help's method assumes continuous numbering, too. One wouldn't use "Page
x of y" in a folio-numbered book: "Page 3-1 of 247" is just silly.

I guess the coffee's just not working for me this morning. :-}

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer