general publication quiestion

David Tinsley dtinsley at ndigital.com
Thu Oct 19 05:23:26 PDT 2006

Hi Susan,

In the field of classified documentation the phrase "This page is
intentionally blank" is used to denote that there is no content on that
page and it is not a printing mitake. The strange thing is that the
blank page also carried the classification so you ended up with a page
classified Secret (or whatever) with only the blank phrase on it! (It
made sense when you realise that the page could be placed face down and
it would not be obvious that it was classified on the other side.) It
may be that you have inherited a style that was developed by someone
from the military field.

Those days are behind me now and our style here is to start new
chapters on the next available page. The only exception is when we go
from the prelim roman numerals pages to page 1. If the pagination forces
it, we just leave a blank left page with the headers and footers on it.

Regards,

David

---------------------------
1981-2006: Celebrating 25 Years of Innovation

David Tinsley
Manager, Technical Communications
NDI
103 Randall Drive