Link from HTML to PDF

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Thu Oct 19 04:19:28 PDT 2006

Hi Pat,

If you open the PDF with Acrobat and choose View > Navigation Tabs >
Destinations, you will see a list of named destinations in the file.
FrameMaker usually creates a named desination for each page in the form P.#,
where # is the page number. So, to open the PDF at page 3, you can use

http://www.myurl.com/mypdf.pdf#nameddest=P.3

Or, without named destinations, you can use this

http://www.myurl.com/mypdf.pdf#page=3

Note that you can't test these locally; they only work across an internet
connection. Shlomo may have more examples at http://www.microtype.com.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267