structured import and pgftag fonts

Lynne A. Price lprice at txstruct.com
Thu Oct 19 14:00:18 PDT 2006

Noah,
   In your position, given one case that works and one that doesn't, I
would simplify the test document, EDD, DTD, template, and read/write rules
in stages until I found the significant difference between them.
         --Lynne

At 07:41 PM 10/18/2006, Noah Evans wrote:
>Well, I'm inching towards understanding what the problem is.
>
>The problem is definitely caused by some sort of sketchy interaction
>between frame's structured import and the formats in the template. I
>took a completely different unstructured manual with different
>paragraph tags, purged it and turned it into a template for my
>structured application. Then I set the paragraph tag of my root to a
>30 point combined font and imported.
>
>When I did this it worked fine, it didn't put character formats on any
>of my mif strings. This let the combined font and the paragraph work
>normally.
>
>So the question becomes: What sort of things could my template have in
>it that would cause it to insert character formats like that? It's not
>the edd,  otherwise my bare template would have had the same problem.
>
>I'm still stumped.
>
>Noah
>
>On 10/17/06, Steve Cavanaugh <scavanaugh at nat-seattle.com> wrote:
>>Yes, I'm discovering the same thing here.  Frame seems to want to punish
>>us for not having ACM installed...  Frame's idiotic obsession with the
>>Times font is beginning to really annoy me.
>>

>>Steve Cavanaugh
>>Sr. Technical Writer
>>NAT Seattle Inc.

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application development,
and training
lprice at txstruct.com            http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505      cell phone: (510) 421-2284