The Page Left Intentionally Blank

Daniel Emory danemory7224 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 20 07:51:16 PDT 2006

--- Shmuel Wolfson <sbw at actcom.com> wrote:

> I always felt that "This Page Intentionally Left
> Blank" sounds a bit
> weird. Why would you intentionally leave a page
> blank? I vote to change
> it to "This Page Left Blank for Double-sided
> Printing."
What about the case where the manual is only delivered
as a computer file, and the user prints out all or
part of the double-sided manual as a single-sided
document on local printer? Now a typical dimwit reader
will become confused about what it means. The addition
of "For Double-Sided Printing" adds an unnecessary
confusion factor which adds nothing to the intended
meaning, regardless of whether the manual is printed
single- or double-sided.