PDF editing issues

David Creamer ideaslists at ideastraining.com
Sun Oct 29 05:34:01 PST 2006

> Maybe you can edit the PDF file through PitStop which a cool tool edit texts
> and graphics in a PDF.

I second the suggestion of using PitStop Pro. It is not cheap, but allows
one to edit full paragraphs of text and maintain text wrap (which usually
can't be done with the Touchup Text tool).

Also, it can edit type without requiring the fonts be installed. (Be aware
that there might be legal restrictions from the font foundries about editing
embedded-only fonts, which is why Adobe avoids it.)

>> Other times I'm unable to edit the text because of font issues, what do
>> fonts have to do with editing text and how can I correct this.

For some strange reason, in Acrobat you can't even _delete_ text unless you
have the font installed on your system. Try these two options:

    1] Right-click on the type and go to Properties.
        Change the font to one in your system (lower down on the list).
        Use the Touchup Text tool to delete the text.

    2] Try using the Touchup Object and delete the entire text object.
        Be careful with this option as it might delete more than you expect.

David Creamer
I.D.E.A.S. - Results-Oriented Training
http://www.IDEAStraining.com
Adobe Certified Trainer & Expert (since 1995)
Authorized Quark Training Provider (since 1988)
Markzware, Enfocus, FileMaker Certified
Apple Consultant Network member (since 1990)